Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to you?
· Sagging skin
· Muscle aches
· Joint pain
· Dull, thin hair
It is most likely that you have a collagen deficiency!
What is Collagen you may ask?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It is a binding substance that connects all bones and tissues, making it an essential part of our skin, joints, ligaments and tendons. Over 80% of human skin consists of collagen.
Pollution, exposure to the sun, smoking, and eating too much sugar or refined foods all contribute towards reducing collagen production. These are activities that can be avoided. Unfortunately, collagen production slows down by the time we reach our mid-30s. On average, human skin loses 1% of its collagen every year after reaching this age, which is why most people start noticing wrinkles and their skin losing elasticity around their mid-30s.
Alas! There is good news!
There are amazing treatments, professional skin products and supplements which can assist our bodies in producing and repairing collagen in our bodies.
All three of which are offered at Essential Health Wellness Centre!
1. Collagen Repairing Treatments offered at Micanté Beauty:
· RegimA Power Peels Facials: These gentle but potent skin peels contain natural fruit acids which deeply exfoliate the skin. In this way, your skin regeneration is increased – stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
· Micro-Needling (Dermapen): This involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The small wounds cause your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and help you look younger.
· Cellulite Cupping Massage: Uses silicone cups to create a suction effect on the skin to increase blood and lymph circulation. This assists in repairing broken collagen fibres, reducing the appearance of cellulite.
2. Collagen Stimulating Skin Products:
· RegimA Quantum Elastin-Collagen: Promotes Collagen III and Elastin synthesis; anti-wrinkle properties; skin tightening.
· Aloe Ferox Rejuvenating Essence: Tightens collagen fibres and restores skin elasticity.
3. Collagen Supplements:
· The Harvest Table Collagen Granules: Grass-Fed Collagen Granules that are made from the hides of cattle raised in pastures in Argentina. It tested at 90% protein and provides both type I and type III collagen which are the major components in skin, hair, nails, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, gum, teeth, eyes and blood vessels. 100% pure, containing no additives, preservatives or fillers. Collagen Granules are a superior product to a Collagen Powder. The Collagen Granules are a granulated product and as such dissolve rapidly into liquids. This makes this product a superb addition to coffee and tea, juices and even water. This product has a neutral flavour and is therefore amazing to add into yoghurt or cereal or even into your cooking or baking.
· The Harvest Table Collagen Powder: Grass-Fed Collagen Powder is made from the hides of cattle raised in pastures in Germany. It tested at 90% protein and provides both type I and type III collagen which are the major components in skin, hair, nails, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, gum, teeth, eyes and blood vessels. This Collagen Powder is 100% pure and contains no fillers, preservatives or additives. 100% pure products containing no additives, preservatives or fillers. The Collagen Powder is finer than the Granules and has a neutral flavour. Dissolving the Collagen Powder requires some stirring and because of the fine texture of this product is does well in baking. Also Comes in Hot Chocolate and Tumeric Latte flavours.
· The Harvest Table Marine Collagen Powder: The Harvest Table’s 100% pure, Marine Collagen is made from wild-caught Cod harvested from the crystal clear waters of the North-Atlantic Ocean using MSC certified sustainable fishing practices. Containing both types I and III Collagen this product will assist with the repair of your skin, hair, nails, joints and ligaments. The results will be thicker hair, stronger nails and fewer aches and pains! This is a great option for people who prefer not to consume Collagen made from Beef.
Of course, ageing is a natural process that cannot be avoided, but we don’t have to look or feel our age!
Contact us on
031 1710187 or 073 1404193
if you are interested in any of our collagen boosting treatments or products.